Deioniation System is removal method of the cation and anions ions from water. Deionisation process is made when the ions level decreases to low levels and purification process is done.
Deionisation is a two stage process to eliminate all the ironic materials from the water. That is the reason for the process to be called as the Deionisation Process. The system consumes the processed water. They use synthetic resins just as the Water Softeners.
Two types of synthetic resins are :
- Remove positively charged ions (cation)
- Remove negatively charged ions (anions).
Cation deionisation resins ions eliminate cations, such as magnesium, sodium and calcium replacing them with the hydrogen (H+) ion. Anion deionisation resins eliminate anions, such as sulfate, bicarbonate, chlorine replacing them with the hydroxide (OH-) ion.
Types of Deionisation :
- Dual Bed Deionisation
- Resin type is in a detached vessel
- Produce lesser quality water
- Mixed Bed Deionisation
- Produce water containing the lowest ionic absorptions
- Contains both cation and anion resin in a single vessel
- Polish the water to very high quality
- No unprocessed bypass water
- In case of power failure, there is an automatic shutoff
- Solid, non-corrosive components
- Automatic regeneration after manual initiation
- Modular construction and convenient
- Constant monitoring of final water quality
- Solid-state dependability for trouble-free service
- Robust skid and standard design
- Battery operated conductivity meter for system quality control and process
- Non-return valves and break tanks can be fitted
Advantages and Benefits
- Easy and economical installation
- Long life and reliability
- Less installation cost
- Ensures rapid start-up time
- Manually regenerated